The Towards Inclusive Practice project is part of a longer and ongoing conversation about meaningful inclusion of people with an intellectual disability.
We acknowledge the work of other self-advocates and organisations and encourage you to explore these other helpful resources.
The Council for Intellectual Disability has made a series of resources about inclusion. They include
- Inclusive Communication Tips
- An Online Meeting Checklist
- They also offer Inclusion Services for organisations)
For more on inclusive practice by CID visit https://cid.org.au/issues/inclusion/
Several organisations In Victoria have developed inclusion resources including
- VALID Meeting Rights Poster (valid.org.au)
- VALID Inclusive Committees Poster
- DARU How to be Disability Inclusive Guide
- Voice at the Table has a whole website dedicated to inclusion of people : https://voiceatthetable.com.au/. This includes their short film Meetings: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Speak Out Tasmania co-designed this guide to inclusive communication with parents with an intellectual disability: Communication is not a Spectator Sport