New workshops to help understand your rights when you receive services through the NDIS.
Everyone has rights. Do you know what your rights are when you receive services through the NDIS?
Inclusion Australia is working with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission to deliver free workshops for people with an intellectual disability and their supporters.
The workshops are about:
- Rights and Services: What are rights and why are they important for everyone? How do you know if you’re getting your rights met by your service?
- NDIS Commission – Code of Conduct and Complaints: What is the NDIS Commission? What do workers need to do to make sure you get your rights, and how can you make a complaint to the NDIS Commission?
- Speaking Up and Supports: Why it is important to speak up; how to get support; using an advocate.
- Being Involved: what are the things your service can do to include you in making sure your service is safe and good quality?
Workshops are happening around the country from now until June 2023. Some workshops are in person. Some workshops will be online.
Contact the Inclusion Australia member in your state or territory to find out about workshops happening near you.
- NSW – CID
- Northern Territory – Inclusion Australia
- Queensland – Parent 2 Parent
- South Australia – SACID
- Tasmania – Speak Out Advocacy
- Victoria – VALID
- WA – DDWA
For more information, visit our Your Service, Your Rights project page.